Monday 2 May 2011

Lumene Natural Code Mascara review

I bought my Lumene Natural Code Eye Dramatizer Volume-Maximizing Mascara almost a month ago now and I've been using it pretty much every day. It cost around 5-6€ and it was on sale so I spontaneously decided to give it a try. I mean the name of it sounds promising, right? At least that's what I thought..
On the tube it says:
Impressive volume with Fluffy Brush.
Conditioned lashes with natural arctic plantain.
Paraben-free.
 What's good about this mascara:
- gives a nice deep black colour
- good quality fluffy brush
- doesn't clump


What's bad about this mascara:
- doesn't give enough volume and length (at least for my liking)
- smudges during the day
- smudges really bad when in contact with water (rain, tears..)

It wasn't an expensive product so I don't regret buying it money wise but honestly I'm pretty disappointed in this mascara. I really wanted it to work. Especially as it's supposed to be paraben-free and condition my lashes. It may be good for my lashes but that's about it because it didn't do what I expected it to - lengthen and/or volumize them. I'm probably going to use up this tube but never re-purchase it again.
I give it 2/5 Glitter-stars.

No comments: