I did some research beforehand on honey's skin care benefits and the results were honestly mind-blowing..
... and the list goes on. Unbelievable! Of course I decided to try it out myself :)
- Honey eliminates wrinkles and fine lines
- Honey rejuvenates the skin
- Nourishes the skin deeply and prevents infections
- Honey helps attract and retain moisture and prevents skin dehydration
- Honey brightens dull skin and prevents skin discolorations
- Honey is beneficial to treating wounds, sores and burns
- Honey leaves skin soft, soothe and younger-looking
- Honey helps renew skin cells
- Honey treats acne, eczema and other skin conditions as it contains amino acids and enzymes
So what I did?
- I applied honey with my clean hands using light circular motions on my cleansed face.
You can also use a brush if you prefer. The honey I used had little granules in it since it was 100% natural honey bought directly from the beekeeper. If you are using liquid honey you can also add some oatmeal or coffee to it (I'll tell you why in a second..)
- I let it sit on my face around 20 minutes
- Instead of washing the honey off like a regular face mask I wet my hands with warm water and gently started exfoliating my face using circular motions (that's why you should add coffee or oatmeal to your liquid honey beforehand). That way after pampering my face I also removed the dead skin cells from my skin.
After exfoliating my face for a minute or so I rinsed my face with warm water and patted my face dry.
- Then I applied my favourite moisturiser.
- Firstly I noticed how my skin looked very even and glowy
- Clean pores
- My skin felt very soft and moisturised
- The little pimple I had on my chin was a lot less noticeable, the bump of it was a lot smaller and it didn't hurt any more so the infection had reduced quite a bit!
I was very amazed with the results and I will definitely start doing this mask more often. It's like an instant remedy for pimples! I personally don't have acne but I assume it would be a holy grail for people who do. I wouldn't recommend it to the people who are allergic to honey though. Just in case..
Anyways, if you try it out definitely let me know how it worked for you. I'm especially looking forward hearing about people who have problematic skin because for my teeny-tiny pimple it made a huge difference.